PDA & FDA
Trip Start Oct 01, 2012
31Trip End Aug 01, 2013
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Firstly, my experience at the football game.
- Atlante FC (from Cancun) vs Chivas (the team which has more fans than the local team across Mexico) I was supporting Chivas as my friends who had invited me were Chivas and we were sat behind the Porras- the drunk, die hard fans. Sadly, Chivas lost 3-1 an continue their bad luck away to Atlante FC- this should teach me to stop being a glory supporter... haha it was a good match though with 4 pitch invaders to boot.
- I did the Mexican Wave, in Mexico!!! I can now return back to England happy :)
- Half time was interesting, the pitch is surrounded by an athletics track and there was a mini advertising parade with girls dressed in skimpy, skimpy outfits parading their flags and whatever else they had to offer...
- PUTO, is shouted by all when the goalkeeper takes his goal kick... OOOOOOOH PUTO
- Just like at the basketball match there were loads of vendedores wearing high-vis bibs walking around the stadium with cages above their heads selling all sorts of things, beers, refrescos, a Dominoes pizza man, papas y salchichas (sausages and chips,) fruit with chilli, toffee apples but instead of toffee, they of course cover it in chilli/chamoy CHILLI FLAKES EVERYWHERE. Lollipops, fruit, ice lollies, alcohol, all types of food.
Feliz Lunes! I spent Monday at the immigration office, then at work for an hour, and then to the beach. Beautiful way to start the week. Beach, beers, sun, sea, sand, amigas... it was all great fun, the sea was perfect and we were having an amazing time, until one of the girl's bags was stolen :( Such bad luck, everything gone.
Here are some pictures of my room, the day after the cleaner came obviously, it is pretty big, with two beds... so please come and stay :)
Coco Bongo is the biggest club in Cancun, it advertises itself as a Show and Club, but you really have to go there to experience it, thre's no way I could possibly describe it. So much fun, and there's a stage up in the air with constant shows and dance routines to all types of music. Then confetti would drop and air would be blasted out... oh wow such a good night with the staff constantly leading you up onto the bar to dance/get more free drinks. Another free bar, and free entrance... usually Coco Bongos costs $60 US Dollars, but thanks to a lovely friend who works there, four of us were given "Staff" wristbands, giving us free entry to the free bar! Incredible! Everyone has to visit Coco Bongos if they ever come to Cancun, it is the best night out, with all types of ages, old fogeys sat up high in seats watching the show, and youngsters dancing the night away on the dancefloor. GOOD TIMES!
Managed to catch Los Pioneros the professional basketball team play a game again with friends from Basketball, free entry again! Free entry everywhere I swear, it is incredible! They won again, with 103 points! Speaking of basketball, my friends from basketball have been teaching me all the rude words in Mexico, and how/when to say them... I'm learning quickly :) Also watched the Unicaribe boys play on Friday and it was a great game, narrowly missing out with the last shot of the game to lose by one point, great support from the girls team though, and myself trying to chant along with them... spent the rest of the day at a new beach, el mirador, where it is bloody difficult to skimboard!
Halloween! It seems like I am starting a tradition, since arriving in Cancún, I have spent every Friday in Sweet Club... Good night, with some interesting costumes, I had to settle for "I'm a mouse... duh" as I sadly didn't bring any of my fancy dress costumes with me! This time I didn't take advantage of the free bar, I only drank two cocktails and then spent the rest of the night getting wierd looks from the barmen when I insisted that all I wanted was a Coca Light, no alcohol. This is due to the fact that I kept reminding myself just how shit I played in the basketball match last week, and was hoping that my hangover was to blame...
Now counting down the hours until my basketball match tonight, and then out to The City, the biggest club in Cancún sizewise, for their Halloween special.
Wish me luck...
Lots of loving, and apologies if this blog feels rushed/hard/boring to read... more effort next time I promise x