We have arrived!
Trip Start Sep 12, 2005
34Trip End Ongoing
Funny moment on route. In the Toronto Air Canada lounge, a female member of the Air Canada lounge team walks up to the guy sat next to us and asks "Hi, are you Randy?". We burst out laughing, Elaine spills her drink all over hey top and I choke on my free ice cream. The guy and the lady look at us bemused....Must be the English sense of humour.
So we've been shopping already.....We bought all the essentials, such as a $150 electric toothbrush that does everything but wipe your arse. Some Athletic Body Fat Scales - Why? Why do I need such a device to tell me that I'm overweight? I already know this.. We also bought some ...wait for it, sellotape. Impulse buy, serves no purpose what so ever, but it looked cool because we couldn't get that variety in the UK. We also bought a Chihuahua magazine. No reason....
OK, its E&W's top ten signs/reasons why we were meant to be/come to Canada.
(1) My mum (Will), telling me twenty years ago that I would come/live and work in Canada one day.
(2) My mum (Will), when I went to tell her (a few months back) what I was planning to do, she beat me to it. No sooner had I sat her down to break the news did she say "I know why your here son, you going to tell me that your going to do what I told you you were going to do twenty years ago....." Spooky!
(3) We came here five years ago, fell in love with the area and bought a property.
(4) I was playing golf with a mate (Nick Evans) a month back, and when I went in to find my golf ball (in the rough after a 90 degree right angle shot), I pulled out an old golf ball. On closer examination its was imprinted with the make on one side, 'Spalding' and on the other side it had 'Canada Cup'.
(5) On arrival in Canada on Monday we make $1.25 before spending a cent.
(6) We get upgraded to business class on all 3 legs of our journey. Not bad considering this was free on air miles.
(7) On arrival we park in a local car park, its called "Chapman Car Park". (Elaine's maiden name.)
(8) Oracle buys Siebel, Wills work at Oracle is done ;-)
(9) For the first time in 8 years, I didn't mention work once.
(10) It just feels right.
I'll upload some pics soon......
Will (elaine asleep at the moment)....
P.S - Go see '40 year old virgin' at the flicks, very funny film.....