Trip Start Apr 18, 2007
6Trip End Apr 24, 2007
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Rob continued his smoothness by forgetting to empty his toiletries out of his hand lugguage while going through security. Not a good idea amidst today's airports that resemble Fort Knox.
Next, was Beef's turn;Despite being the first on the plane, he managed to sit us in the middle of the aircraft, to ensure we were last off the plane - He also managed to sneak in a photo of the plane.
Upon landing at Budapest, the Paparazzi photographed amid the Hungarian football delegates, who were returning from Budapest following a conference at Cardiff regarding the 2012 European Championships!!
We successfully navigated our way to the hotel, through a very dodgy underground station and the lenient transportation system that allowed us free transport in Budapest. In fact we got used to this in Prague as well (later)
Hotel was central, room good but the view was somewhat limited, unless you liked staring at a blank outside wall; Sai had trouble with the card lock.
Night-time-Walked around for an eternity looking for some night time activity-Went to a couple of bars and a Moulin Rouge nightclub. An unbelievable night and unfortunately I have to say the Hungarians are very rich and nice to look at!
Summary: Arrived at 10am, Bed at 4am-Spent an unbelievable amount of money (£120 between us), with Moulin Rouge being the highlight for us all-Very slick and sophisticated, unlike us trying to speak Hungarian or more like just spekaing English blatantly to people
Thursday (AM)- Visited most of Budapest's main sites (Bridge, Parliament, Castle Hill etc) as well as an extensive walking tour- My feet are killing me!
Budapest is one of the most scenic and varied cities I have ever seen (Even better than New York at times) -There is some money here too, so I would invest in anything relating to Hungary!
Will have to seriously edit all entries, because I have so much written down, generally relating to the banter between us all, that you all will not understand but have no doubt picked up from the entry on Wednesday!
Feeling a little sunburnt today as well, so thats good for the tan hopefully!
Planning to have a Hungarian steak meal now and work out how the evening will progress, probably with the aid of a few beverages.
Continued on to a couple of bars on Nyagovous Street and onto the most popular club in Pest-Club B7
Very good night bar some very irritating Americans, one of whom was very inebriated and behaving like a full on idiot.
1. Rob never woke till 2.00pm throughout the holiday and managed to trip over the only unturned cobble on Budapest Hill.
2. Rob paying 100 Hungarian Forint for a number 2 causing us not to have enough money for the underground,so we didn't pay again!Unfortunately,Sai had the embarrassment of being blanked by an old woman when asking for a ticket-She didn't speak English.
3. Probably the funniest moment of the holiday for the Beef. Sai decided to go into a bank to get some money. Halfway in, he had a change of heart and turned around. In the process, he managed to trip out the bank door causing a conveyerbelt of laughter, so much so that the car outside beeped his horn at him!
4. Rob also noted Sai's impressive exit from the bank!(Bratislava)
5. Sai didn't have too good a day in Budapest. He was put in charge of map -reading - Unfortunately, he directed us to the wrong end of town when looking to locate some bars for our evening activities!
Tomorrow AM : Depart for Bratislava.