Trip Start Mar 06, 2009
20Trip End Mar 06, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
We got tickets to watch the football, Argentina vs Venzuela which was a world cup qualifer match. Football here is obviously serious business so we both found whatever blue we had to wear, made sure we were sitting with the home side and had a few Diego Maradona cheers up our sleeves... "Diego, Diieeego, Dieeee-go and we wanna go home"
The game was awesome, Maradona´s first as coach and the fans were here to see him... Banners were flying and read "Maradona y 11 mas", forget about the actual team - this man is reveered to godly status. Argentina won 4 - 0 and the crowd got louder on each goal. The best noise makers were the Boca fans who for the entire 90 minutes beat drums, howled chanted ad whistled their football loving heads off.
Whilst we have loved the city it is time to move on, BsAs is expensive and with our tastes we´ll be broke in a month if we stay here any longer... So BsAs top 5
- Lo de Bebe (address: Charcas 3826), a parrilla´s in Palermo - its barbecued meat meets hoxton, we loved it
- Helado´s... ice cream doesn´t get better, the best is Dulce de Leche brownies (Argentiná´s caramel with cake.. yum)
- Walking the city, stopping for coffee at any of the tree line streets and chiling in the sunshine
- Forget the crowds at San Telmo market, head to Palermo square for BsAs coolest characters on a Sunday, order cheese platters, beers and enjoy
- Gourmet Empanada´s (address: Guemes 3566).. OMG, until you try you won´t believe it.. and only a few pesos for each one.. they´re heaven in pastry casing