Drive to Mystic Connecticut
Trip Start Jul 06, 2013
121Trip End Nov 04, 2013
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
- Moving day as we are heading through Rhode island to Mystic Connecticut. We make sure we gas up in Mass as I found a website of Avg Gas prices by state (actually will zoom down to towns) and it shows that Conn and Rhode Island are high and they are.. prices go up 40 cents a gallon at the border from $3.67 to $4.07. So if you drive in the US use something like this to find out where to fill up!
- Nice uneventful drive to our campsite at Mystic which was the largest seaport on the coast in late 1600's and 1700’s. Don’t expect much as it is only site in town but WOW it is wonderful. Very clean and the largest private sites we have seen so far. Apparantly new owners just transformed it last year
- Drive into Mystic and it is a very neat little village with funky shops and eateries. We have lunch at a Chinese/Japanese place that is really good!
- The center of this village is a very old draw bridge that still functions and we are lucky enough to get to see it open and several large boats go by (they have to make appointments).
- Drive around the area and again we love the houses from the 1700’s that are so neat and large!
Back to campsite to enjoy the last of the sunshine and catch up on internet (have not had for a while).