How to Make Rice Noodles
Trip Start May 04, 2004
13Trip End May 20, 2004
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
1. Soak rice in water for 6 hours or overnight.
2. Grind rice into watery flour and tie in bag.
3. Let bag sit and dry for 2 days.
4. Take semi-dried flour block out of bag and boil for 50 min.
5. Run boiled block through press multiple times.
6. Run smushed flour through tube-making press multiple times.
7. Run tube through noodle maker into hot water.
8. Shock noodles by immersing in cold water.
9. Set out to dry
A Vietnamese family can make 800 kg of noodles per day.