"Pura Vida", The Pure Life
Trip Start Jul 18, 2011
4Trip End Aug 26, 2011
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
- Take Tica Bus from Liberia to San Salvador on the 15th
- Meet up with Mike Lilies and Alex Gaos (sea turtle biologist) to go the Bahia de Jiquilisco where I lived and worked for a few weeks last summer. There I'll visit with my host family and see how the Hawksbill sea turtle research is going.
- Arrive in the capital on the 18th where I will stay with my friend Andrea for a few days and travel around the country until around the 21st.
- Go with her to San Diego beach where I will stay with my host family from last summer for the remaining week and see how the sea turtle projects are progressing there.
- Fly home on the 26th of August
Aside from the sea turtle work we have had several fun excursions including a trip to Tamarindo to shop, snorkeling in Pirates Bay and a trip to Cabuya where the field station's scientific coordinator Bibi is starting a new project with green turtles. I have also tried surfing a few times with modest luck. It has been a great last couple weeks but I am ready to head north! I am very excited to see my friends and past host families in El Salvador and to then head back to the United States on the 26th.
Well that is all for now. I hope the pictures I post can tell the rest of the story and depict some of cool experience I've had in Costa Rica. When I next blog I will be safely be in El Salvador and hopefully will have seen a Hawksbill sea turtle (something I failed to do last summer)
A special shout out to my family on my mom's side who will all be meeting at Purdue this weekend as two of my cousins begin their undergrad. Finally it seems the Fromme clan is relocating to the Midwest! Can't wait to see all of you :-) Last but not least a very happy 21st birthday to my girlfriend Emily! I wish I was there to celebrate with you, don't do anything too crazy :p
Talk to you all soon....