West Sussex family reunion
Trip Start Feb 28, 2010
123Trip End Aug 28, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
Well House, School Lane - Sue and Patrick Foley
There is always so much to write about so here are the highlights:
* A family reunion dinner last night with us all sitting out in the garden by the pool. Peter and Bubbles joined us along with George who is staying with them at the moment. Simon BBQed his fillet of beef and Felicity cooked her delicious chocolate pudding
* Felicity and Genevieve spending hours every day in the swimming pool. Even I ventured in with the temperature over 30 degrees. Walking in the pool is the best exercise for Genevieve at the moment.
* Wandering around the local Slindon village with Sue meeting all the locals and looking at the houses. Most are leased or rented by The National Trust so have retained their historic character. We particularly liked the colourful marrows out on the stone wall for sale and hearing about the display they artfully create each year.
* Picking the fresh fruit and vegetables from the garden - figs, rarsberries, lettuces, plums.
* Patrick teaching us all the new after dinner game Spoons. Felicity was the winner!
* Felicity and I popping over to Bognor Regis to catch up with Peter and Bubbles. A very special afternoon as Peter is not well. It was lovely being able to have a cup of tea with them and reminisce about times past.
* Having the time to chat to Sue, Patrick, Kate and Robbie and hearing all about what they have been up to. We couldn't keep Genevieve and Felicity quiet. They obviously have felt very at home.
* Genevieve and Felicity making lavender bags with Sue
* A country walk on the Sussex Downs
* I escaped into Arundel for a quick wander around the shops, castle and church.
We are looking forward to being able to repay the hospitality when the Foleys come out to visit NZ - very soon we hope!