Chianti in Tuscany 2
Trip Start Aug 13, 2010
56Trip End Oct 07, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
The downside to Tuscany is that there are no walking paths through it. It seems to be all private land, and the only way to get around is on the public roads. While there is never a great deal of traffic on the roads, some of it, particularly the local delivery services, can be a bit scary: walking is definitely not conducive to communing peacefully with nature.
The route for the day:
- San Gusmé village (beautiful old fortified village with lovely simple church)
- Gaiole in Chianti (disappointing – just a long street)
- Radda in Chianti (typical fortified hill town)
- Castellina in Chianti (another fortified hill town looked very interesting but nowhere to park)
- Siena (beautiful and large)