How to Feel Good About Your Singing Ability or...?
Trip Start Oct 05, 2009
35Trip End Mar 28, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
What I liked:
- Songs available > who knows if it is all legally purchased (most likely not), but there is an impressive number of songs which one can pick - Chinese and English. Too bad the good ones don't get picked often enough.
- Food and drinks > it's cool that you can eat and drink while you sing. And sometimes, you need it because singing takes a lot of energy.
- Being with friends > no matter what you do sometimes being with friends is enough. Even terrible singing can be fun. Ok, well I still have my limits...
What I didn't like:
- Song selection > depending on how your group is... this could go well or horrible. Let's say I am 1/2. The first time was good... the second... ugh, was almost torture.
- Cramped room > both times, we filled the room beyond the fire department's recommendation. Not only was this uncomfortably sweaty, it meant that some people had to stand. I guess the crowd atmosphere can make it feels like a min-concert. And people smoking didn't help with the fresh air either. =/
- Bad singing > ok, I accept that most people can't sing well... including myself. BUT there are certain things you can do to avoid showing it. 1) don't pick a song too far out of your range 2) pick one that people know so they can sing along 3) don't sing as loud as you can into the echo-y mic... although this may be a lost cause because being drunk does interfere with the judgment side of the brain.
So which song did I pick? "American Boy" Yep... I did the rap, haha. That's my song, yo.