Sunday Church Service

Trip Start Jul 05, 2005
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Benin  ,
Sunday, October 9, 2005

This morning when I woke up, I hadn't had a good night's sleep. It was "cold" and I didn't have any extra sheets nearby. I was waking up about every hour shivering, but too lazy to go find a sheet. So, when the time came to really get up-I didn't want to. I wanted to go for a run, but I was too tired. Plus, my clothes were still wet from washing them yesterday. So, I just decided to go back to bed.

"Woke up" again around 8:15, bathed, ate breakfast, and then went to church. Church was nice, not too crowded. The people actually translated some of the words from Fon into French, and they gave me the French New Testament, so I could read along with the lessons. Next time, I'm going to bring my English version (Thanks Grandma & Grandpa!). The service was really long lasted until 1:30pm!

There were probably 30 or 40 people there. The building is "in process" of being built, and is one room only. They do have a music section, with drums, a keyboard, guitar, bass, casaba/cassinette? and a choir (which is WAY out of tune...but they mean well).

After the service, I had to visit the Church President's and VP's homes. They are nice people, and also happen to be my neighbors. At the President's house, I was given 2 Cokes, crackers and peanuts. The VP gave me a papaya and yam-pilé for lunch. I had mentioned that I like that, so they made it for me...I was SOOO full. I hate having to eat a lot when I go to visit people. After visiting their homes, I had to show them mine.

When I got home, I talked with Grâce a bit. Questioned her about the family next door moving out, but she didn't seem to know anything. She said I'd have to ask the landlord. About 2 hours later, a menusier came to measure my ceiling sizes for the dropdown part. Interesting that he's working on a Sunday...

It rained, I napped and worked on blog entries, got my pictures all ready to mail home. Plan on doing that tomorrow. Talked to Mom and Dad a little while, but the phone service cut out in mid-conversation-I think because of the storm. So, I got ready for bed and waited to see if they'd call back. I think they had problems re-connecting.
Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: