Day 3 - Hen's Day & Welcome Dinner

Trip Start Mar 20, 2011
Trip End Apr 25, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Nyaman Villas

Flag of Indonesia  , Bali,
Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Yesterday was the Hens and Bucks day. After our Indonesian styled breakfast which consisted of Nasi Goreng and Mei Goreng (yum-o) the boys set of to the WaterBom Park while us girls got ready to head out for a long lazy lunch and a spa treatment.  Mandy, Bee and myself jumped in a cab and after passing through strict security we were inside the beautiful La Lucciola.  It was a little slice of heaven where the waiters pull your chairs out for you, kindly show you the bathroom when you need it and also tell you to watch your step when you are entering! Was a little bit of posh. 
So we ordered our cocktails and the Hen's Day began!  Lunch was amazing, the company was awesome and the hen, I think it's safe to say she had a lot of fun.  
It was so nice to sit down and unwind with the most amazing view of the beach and a couple of local surfers from our table, especially considering I seemed to have caught Ken's tummy bug.  (Boo) Not as bad I must add... but enough to make the day just that lil bit harder to get through.  
Anywho! *Akward* 
After a gorgeous 3 course lunch and the giving of gifts from Janet's sisters (something old, something new and something borrowed) we settled the bill and made our way to Bodyworks for a full body massage each...
Funny story about the massage.  After these massages lets just say Bee and I are that much closer!! haha... now to explain; they had four individual rooms and the rest all doubles.  Bee and I decided to take a double room where we were greeted by our masseuse and nothing but disposable panties (the big granny panty type!!) she told us to change into those and left.  Bee and I stood in our room (which we later found out was the couples room) and looked at each other and cracked up laughing.  There was two massage beds and a great big bath at the end of the room. Nothing else. No privacy screens, nothing. So after a bit of awkwardness and giggling bee and I changed into these horrible see through panties and tightly wrapped up in the only towel we could find (which was actually for the bath) we lay on the beds and waited for our masseuse's(?).The girls started prepping for the massage where my girl asked us both if we would like either a bath or a shower afterwards... ummm what!? bee and i looked at each other like 'a bath? together? huh? we get in together? naked?' hahaha we opted for the shower. Even tho there was only one we knew we could pull this off and still keep our modesty intact.
And then the massage began. And OMG these girls may have been small and petite but boy were they strong! Being the type of person who holds a lot of tension in her shoulders and does a lot of strength training there were of few times where I was like Owwwwww... but I must admit, I feel a lot better for it.  We both did, considering our muscles were really sore from the water sports we did the previous day. So and hour and a half later and a few embarrassing incidents (seriously there was no shame) Bee and I were left to shower. With more awkwardness and giggling we managed to shower, change and leave the room with bright red faces. yea... turns out we got the couples room. Everyone else who went into the double rooms, had two separate baths and a lil bit more privacy! 
So after we all paid and everyone was accounted for we made our way around the corner to Ku De Ta Bar. Two security checks later we found ourselves a table and ordered cocktails. Just one each as we all had to be back at our Villas in order to get ready for the Welcome dinner that was happening later that night.  Ku De Ta Bar is situated right on the beach and the vibe was sooooo relaxed and laid back I found it hard to concentrate on anything other than the ocean! And do you know what is even better about this bar?  It is quiet literally around the corner from our Villa! Took us 5mins to walk back!
So we got back to the Villa where the boys were waiting showered and on a high from there action packed day and many Bintangs. Apparently there was one water slide that was just a 4meter drop!!
Us girls raced and got ready and then we all waited outside for our taxis to take us to the resturant.  Which was 10mins around the corner but 20mins later and a bit of a tiki tour (dodgy taxi drivers... grrrrr) we all finally ended up at Made's Warung for the most amazing Baliness dinner EVER! Too bad I wasn't feeling the greatest and had to go easy. After dinner and speeches everyone carried onto a neighbouring bar for a night cap but this was where i decided to head back to the Villa... I was knackered and I figured a good nights sleeps was just I needed. Hence the late entry... but good news! I am feeling heaps better today!! Yaaaaaaaaay!! Yay yay yay!!


Arohanui xx
Slideshow Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: