And even more gales - fed up now!

Trip Start Unknown
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Netherlands  , Zeeland,
Saturday, June 9, 2012

9th June 2012

The gales have been blowing all night. We both slept well but when you wake and hear the creaking from the straining lines, it is somehow reassuring to know that we are still tied up, as it feels like we are at sea.

After breakfast we started the engine to top up the batteries as they needed a recharge and so did our computers.  If we had known we would be here for a few days, we would have gone further down and paid for electricity, but once the gales came in, it was a bit to awkward to move.

It is frustrating in some ways being stuck here as we do have Wi-Fi, BUT it is faulty (we were told they had problems by the harbour master) in as much as trying to do the blog I cannot edit an entry, only put a new one.  It won't let me upload photos either although I was told last night that 1 did get through twice! It is such a nightmare to try and do though, so we will leave it until we get a proper connection.

Mid morning we went to find the liquor store to replenish our gin now we know where to get it from. On our way there we saw a fresh fish mobile van but he was also cooking fish and it had a large queue outside, so must be good.  On our way back to the boat we could not resist so we had small chunks of fish with spices on and a dressing that we could not give a name to.  It was a mustardy yellow but not mayonnaise, salad cream or thousand Island but something of a mixture of all 3.  Very nice whatever it was and I am sure that Nanka, Jack or Agnes will put us right.

After doing some small jobs, we were getting bored.  We had made enquiries about getting a bus somewhere but it was impossible, so we felt stuck.  John had an afternoon nap and Isi got fed up with doing so many puzzles. John went to pay the Harbourmaster again seeing as the wind is still howling even though it is less and on the way back went into the clubhouse where it was all decorated out in Orange ready for the big football match tonight.  6pm  John went over to see what the atmosphere was like.  He saw the 1st 20mins and the Denmark goal.  We later went for a lovely walk along the coast along the dyke.

 When we got back to the marina, we said goodbye to Seamink with Peter and Claire as we are aiming to be off early in the morning, especially as the wind had dropped to a gentle ripple on the water.

Our computers are dead as we are conserving battery power as they need a good run on the engine tomorrow, so cannot really catch up on the blog.  We played another game of Rummikub (John won again!) before retiring ready for the early start.  We want to go and play again as we have been quite bored today.
Slideshow Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: