2nd Island

Trip Start May 11, 2005
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Thailand  ,
Monday, May 23, 2005

We caught a ferry over to Ko Phangnan to meet Dave who'd just flown in a few hours earlier. We took a taxi over some of the craziest roads you've ever seen. Steep, windy, dirt, and one lane. The taxi's we take are open backed utes with seats in them so the dust flies in. The lady riding with us blew her nose in her shirt collar the entire ride - nice! Thais really don't mind picking their noses in public, constantly either so I fit right in. Anyhow - after a sketchy ride to the Sunrise Beach where the Full Moon Party would take place later that day.
We had a bungalow away from the party with one bed big enough for the 3 of us and a hammock on the porch. We walked in the hot sun along the beach and I noticed all the girls there were brown with great bodies and great boobs. I did not fit in! The boys were in heaven! Soon after we ran into Vania sunbathing which was a suprise. She was staying near us too and at 10pm we all met up for the Full Moon Party. I was aprehensive about this party after hearing how gross it could be, but I was determined to check it out and give it a go. We bought 5 colours of UV paint and went up to a mountain bar to paint and drink the infamous buckets of Sang Som and red bull. Sang Som has a bad name, but as far as whiskey goes it's only $2.20 US a bottle so you can't go wrong. At 2.30am we came down from painting and joined the masses of dancing bodies on the beach. Each bar has UV decorations up and each bar has loud dance music blaring on to the beach and each bar is right next to the next one. We danced and played around until the sun started to show and then I dragged my tired self to bed althought the party on the beach continued. We all had a good time and I didn't drink too much at all. The beach here was cleaned up that morning and business was as usual with ladies giving beach massages and men selling fisherman pants right there. I also bought some corn, cooked by a man carrying around a coal stove and corn in baskets tied to a stick that he caried over his shoulders. The next day after everyone checked out we got a bungalow right on this same beach with the breeze and view.
We also went to a Muay Thai Kickboxing match. It was crowded, but we were allowed to take photos and we bargained for the price of our tickets. The show was good with 1 knockout and a few tumbles out of the ring onto the dirt right in front of us. It's hard to know if it was all for show though.
Slideshow Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: