To go or not to go, that is the question...
Trip Start Nov 06, 2010
108Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
Hopefully in the ocean nearing the Bahamas?
We had a breakfast meeting this morning back at Grampa's Bakery (breakfast sandwiches the size of your face). Pete had walked over to see Dennis and Vicky off this morning, and he said that Dennis, once again, reiterated that the weather is pretty ideal to cross. We discussed the various options - we could get going by midday today, sail through the night and aim for Nassau or we could wait for this next weather system to move through and just kill time until we could go... There are always projects that we could be doing on the boat, and we could always be preparing more for leaving the country - but in general, we have accomplished the majority of the tasks that we set out to complete here.
I think we have pretty much reached the decision to go for it. We're getting in our last showers, internets, and uses of the shore head, and we're going to reconvene at the boat, take a look at the charts to plan out a course, and take one last look at the weather. If it all looks right, we'll head out. If it looks at all sketchy, we'll play it safe and stick around here or maybe move down to Miami in the meantime (as you get pushed north by the Gulf Stream in the crossing, it doesn't hurt to be farther south).
Wish us luck! Hopefully the next time we'll be in touch will be from Nassau!