Trip Start Aug 17, 2009
43Trip End Jul 20, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
Apartment check in
Once we finally took off, the flight to Amsterdam was just a quick 45 min, then we landed and taxied for, I kid you not, 20 min!!! We spent more time taxing then flying.
Well, needless to say, when I finally got off the plane, through border control and through baggage claim it was nearly 7:30, and I was way passed the time I was supposed to meet up with the person I was planning to share a taxi with. I looked for about 15 minutes for her, but finally decided she must have gone on without me (I hope!) so I grabed a taxi for the 20 min trip to Leiden.
One very expensive taxi ride later, I checked in to my 2nd floor room (btw, no elevators), and I am now showered, unpacked (mostly), and I'm enjoying a bowl of mac&cheese soup, before I crash into bed.
Now, for a few observations of this trip, country, and room......
1) The Netherlands LOVES their windmills, wind-turbines, wind generators, you name it they have it
2) My room is TINY. So, to compansate, there is a bunk bed, with a desk underneath. I have a $20 bet with myself that I will fall out of this bed either while getting in, because the ladder up is very steep, or in the middle of the night, sometime in the next week.
3) I have no hangers, which okay, fine. But who packs hangers??? Now I have to go buy some.
4) I have no coffee pot or microwave. Which I find a little odd. What I have is a mini fridge and a 2 burner cook top. And on that note! I was just cooking my mac & cheese and there is now smoke coming out from underneath the countertop. Yes, I've stopped cooking, I will mention this to someone tomorrow, because it was a little freaky.
5) I have no toilet paper. Um.....???? I do however have 2, yes 2, toilet bowl brushes. Not quite sure what I'll do with 2
6) There are no electrical outlets in the bathroom. (why am I surprised by this? I've been to europe before.)
Now, enough negative, here's the positive. I have one STEALLER view!
So, here's hoping tomorrow is better, that I settle in quickly, and that things get interesting and fun, because right about now I'm horribly homesick and wondering what the heck I was thinking!
Miss you all