New South Wales

Trip Start Nov 09, 2005
Trip End Mar 01, 2006

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Australia  ,
Sunday, December 18, 2005

After the worst ever greyhound journey we were more than happy to be dumped in Sydney at 7am, with nothing but a rough idea of where we were supposed to go! Also, there is a really daft thing in Australia where Queensland is the only state that doesn't have daylight savings and so is an hour behind New South Wales! But anyway, we managed figure out the train system and we made our way up to Gosford, which is about an hour out of Sydney centre on the train. When we got there we had a few hours to kill before MArgaret came to pick us up so we headed off to the cinema, and saw King Kong-absolutely wicked! Didn't realise quite how long it was though, so when we got out we thougt we'd probably missed our lift out of town but it all worked out ok in the end! Spent the first night there with James's cousin Simon, and it was nice and quite again, just had pizza and beer then went to bed! Next day we were up earlish, and heading on up to go and see some more cousins (Jo). We all met up at their house and had lunch, they have plenty of land and so James got the chance to play on a little motorcross bike-which, as you can imagine, he absolutely loved!! Then before we knew it we were heading back down to Woy Woy to stay with another cousin (Lyn) and her family for a couple of nights. When we got there they had their pool heater on, and it was 33 degrees-plenty warm enough for an evening dip!! James went off with Lyns husband Graham to try his hand at surfing, and found that he wasn't too bad at it! He certainly enjoyed the experience of surfing in Australia at sunset! The next morning we were up aout 7am to go sea kayaking with Lyn! It was well worth the early start though, we saw Pelicans, Stingrays, and even an Eagle which was all pretty cool. Before we knew it three hours had passed and we had to be heading back as we had some last minute family to pack in! Then we had to head off to see james's Uncle Terry who is long distance truck driver, he was stopping off nearby and it was the only real chance we were going to get to see him before we left. Once we'd eaten dinner, it was time to head off to Sydney, but not before we got to ride in the truck. It was wicked!! But then we had to say goodbye, and Simon took us into the city again.
Slideshow Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: