Lake Chapala - Top Ten's
Trip Start Apr 27, 2012
35Trip End May 26, 2012
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
TOP TEN REASONS TO BE IN AJIJIC
1. Weather, Weather and Weather.
2. The friendliness and welcoming attitudes from both locals and expats alike.
3. The pricing, layouts and beauty of the different gated communities.
4. A 1950's feel about the people and their community.
5. The medical care is extraordinary
6. Cab fare is amazingly cheap as well as bus fares.
7. That Guadalajara is 35 minutes away with an airport and shopping.
8. The weekly markets in Ajijic and Chapala.
9. The restaurants in town offer a great variety of foods at exceptional prices !
10. The low cost of living.
TOP TEN REASONS NOT TO BE IN AJIJIC
1. Sidewalks and cobblestoned roadways - You are always looking at your feet when walking
2. The need to wash your vegetables in iodine / water to ensure no stomach upsets.
3. Mopeds with very hot mufflers.
4. The bugs and bites that I seemed to get every day.
5. The Cartel wars.
6. The weather is boring, every day is sunshine and more sunshine.
7. Spanish is on all the food products in the stores, so it's hard to know what you buy.
8. The damn birds wake me up each and every morning.
9. The priest on the loudspeaker in the village saying mass every morning at 8:00 a.m.
10. People say "HOLA" every time you pass someone on the street.
As I said earlier, we're winding things down here at Casa 50 - we've been to most of the better restaurants, we've seen most of the sights (Deb just wouldn't go with me to the thermal baths and mud thingy) so it's down to working on our tans. We're scheduled to go out with John and Katherine and his brother Eloy and Ginger and a bunch of their friends on their 28' pontoon boat in Lake Chapala tomorrow. A little picnic on the lake with some appies and drinks - should be good - just hope that the weather co-operates LOL. Short of making the appies for tomorrow, we'll be heading off to one of the local restaurants to have them prepare something like guacamole and wings for us.