The To Do List
Trip Start Jun 01, 2006
123Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
In seven days I leave my job, and as my job is running a pub (after a fashion) I also have to leave my home and move in with my parents (which, of course, they're thrilled about and always delighted to see me).
So I made my list in two parts. The urgent stuff and the really urgent stuff. And then I thought I'd stick it on here, because then I can cross something off my list.
I feel validated.... Now, time for a rest.
Things To Do In The Next Seven Days
· Go to the gym. A lot.
· Find some boxes
· Pack everything
· Get rid of my car
· Cancel phone line, Internet.
· Write letters to Credit Card companies..... Perfume scented paper.
· Get Pocket PC doing what it's supposed to.
· Book train tickets for London.
· Buy my bag before they give it to someone else.
· Stop playing online poker and actually do things on list.
· Learn German.
· Read books based on heaviness, leaving lighter books for travelling with.
· Prepare for my 'exit interview' (read angry meeting).
· Attend above looking suitably dishevelled.
. Continue to update travel blog so that can look back and laugh at some stage of my life.
Things To Do In The Next Fourteen Days
· Buy travel insurance.
· Continue good work re Gym. Oh, and then cancel it before they get that money I owe them. Go to hell for dishonesty.
· Buy Interrail Ticket
· Buy an awful lot of other stuff.
· Buy some socks.
· Acquire an awful lot of money.
· Go to London.
· Go to Leaving Do.
· Have drinks with friends without spending all my money.
· Cancel Mobile Phone.
· Get passport back from miscellaneous embassies.
· Learn Mandarin (but only when sufficiently fluent in German)
· Address the alarming ratio of technical gadgets such as pocket pcs and cameras and mp3 players to other more mundane items like clothes.
· Buy some kind of hat to cover hair (if possible also not make me look like a twat).
· Sunglasses. Turns out that cheap ones burn retinas.
· God! Dentist! Forgot that one. Go to dentist, don't pay for service, burn in hell.
· Cash in online poker money while there's actually money to be cashed in.
· Fill in 'Leaving The Country' tax form so I can get my £1200 income tax back.
· Buy a packet of European made Marlboro Lights and seal them securely (I'll thank myself come Thailand).
· Don't, under any circumstances, suddenly think it a good idea to buy a hardback addition of The Lord of the Rings trilogy. If that worried about it, buy a hammer and a table instead.