Meeting the new in-laws!
Trip Start Aug 31, 2005
77Trip End Aug 25, 2006
Barika and I are getting married at the end of the year (yee haa!) and so it was important that I saw his family, and saw his life. And man, what a fantastic experience it was.
Too little time to write it all down now (I am hoping I'll come back to this), but here are some of the highlights:
- The family - lovely and welcoming. And there are hundreds!
- A new house - we put the roof on our new house while we were there!
- Late nights and live music
- The reggae! Everywhere
- BEAUTIFUL handmade silver
- Being given a sheep as a present on the last day from the local marabu (witch doctor). My sheep was slaughted and a feast was eaten!
- St James Island / Jeffure - the home of Roots
- Bribing police to get a certain family member off a police charge
- Trying to bribe border police to be allowed into Senegal without a visa
- Over-loaded buses
Anyway, more details to follow! For now, just trying to upload my pics! Enjoy!