Laundry and Lifeless Ponies
Trip Start Apr 12, 2008
54Trip End Jun 18, 2008
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
- Today was a rest day of sorts... meaning we did bugger all.
- Bought tickets to the Vienna Philharmonica for tomorrow.
- Sat at a nearby park that overlooks Charles Church and people watched while listening to some dude playing the flute... he played all the easily recognizable classical music which made it easy to enjoy.
- Had a 3 course meal at a restaurant, which of course had schnitzel... yum!
- Did our washing in the shared apartment washing machine... which turned out to be the worlds slowest machine, taking about 3 hours to wash a load of clothing and 1 hour to dry our clothes which were still wet at the end..
- Went to the Prater amusement park, which was pretty cool as there were many rides that we hadn't seen before, flinging people in many unnatural ways. There were also some rides with real ponies that was interesting and seemed kinda cruel. The ponies had to stand there frozen until the music started, then they would start walking around in circles, in the case which we observed, some little girl started screaming and crying coz another pony touched her leg... hahaha.
<Lang's Extended Version>
I had checked online last night before going to bed that there would be a concert performed by the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra this afternoon and also tomorrow morning, so we walked to the Musikverien on the other side of town to see if we could buy a couple of standing room tickets.
The standing room tickets for the 3.30pm show was sold out, so we decided to get the ones for tomorrow morning rather than shell out 72€/pp. We weren't familiar with classical music anyway, so we'd rather spend the 66€ difference on something else that we'd enjoy more.. =P
With that sorted and nothing else planned for the day, we walked across the road to Charles Church and sat there listening to a busker play on his flute. Enjoying the sounds and watching the people take photos of each other in front of the church
When the guy started repeating all the songs again, we decided to leave and find lunch. We ended up getting a 3 course set meal (as lunch is their main meal of the day) of dumpling in a clear soup, schnitzel (yes - again!) and a slice of sacher torte..
The rest of the arvo was spent waiting for our laundry to get done and just lazing around before we headed out again at about 7pm. We were headed to Prater, an amusement park one station or 15 minutes walk away from where we were staying..
We strolled around the park for a few hours, watching the people having fun on the roller coasters, side shows and other rides. We decided that we'd wait until we got to Euro Disney (yes, we decided that we would go) to go on the roller coasters since they would be included in the admission price. But we did pay to go in the glass labyrinth, fun factory and Ferris wheel just for the laughs. It was also hilarious watching the parents put their kids on the docile horses who would spring to life once the music started playing.. One girl was so afraid of the horses once they started moving that she screamed her head off..