Annapurna Circiut

Trip Start Nov 13, 2006
Trip End Jun 22, 2007

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Nepal  ,
Friday, March 16, 2007

One year after I took a plane to San Francisco did I go for trekking on the Annapurna Circiut in Himmalaya and Central Nepal. It ended up beeing 15 days of hiking. The first 9 were spend on getting from Besisahar in 800m to one of the worlds highest mountain pass, Thorung La, in the altitude of 5416 m.

The first day were easy and quite flat. I had rented some warm clothes for the snow on top, but I haven't bought new shoes.. Used the old trainers from Iran in the beginning, but after i fell down and hurt my arm because of no grib on the shoes i decided to get some boots. And then I could roll through the rest of the trek without any big problems.
I did the trek in of season, so as I'm weaking up really late and walking slowly I was walking alone for the most of the time... Only overtaking by porters carrying amazing loads on their back wearing flip flops. At night I found the usually found the guest houses with the other trekkers and could chat with them, if i were not too tired and went straigth to sleep. I was a nice time, nice people and beatyful scenery. I think the pictures can talk for them selfes. There where small villages all the way to the top, so I could easily find a place to sleep. The rooms where around $1 all the way, but the food when more and more expensive... It was fair, when I saw under which circomstanses it had gone up there.

I was really lucky with the weather. It had been snowing all the time up to the start op my trek, so I met a lot of people going down, when I was going up. I had one day of acclimatisation and rest in one of the biggere villages in Manang, 3500m - the walk up there took me 6 days. Then the real trekking begun and I could feel the lack of oxygen and dry air. The best way to describe walking in 5000 m is to breath through a gasmask. I ddin't have the big problems with acute altitude sickness going up, but in my excitement after getting over the pass I forgot to drink water and take rest. so I got head ache and head problems with my balance going down the steep slobe - 1600 vertical meters down to the first village, Mukdinath. It took the most of the pleassure and good view away, as need all my focus not to make wrong steps on the slippery wet snow and ice. Completly excausted with a face like a raisin, due to the hard sun and dry air, were I having some food and went to bed after completing the pass.
As I said the weather was with me, and the following 2-3 was just snowy and not really fun. I got soakend wet, because of the snot that became more and more wet as I was loosing alltitude. I just wanted to get down and dry and walked as much as i could. I didn't walk fast, cause both my legs and feet were fed up with trekking for this time.

The trek ended March 16th after the last nigth in Tatotpani (Hotwater) where I had had my first bath in the hotsprings for 10 days. I walked a bit the last day, but i spend the most of the time in buses and a jeep with other tourist to get to the city og Pokara. That was pretty much the end of my trek, when I found a room at night time.
Slideshow Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: