Long hot day 83 miles

Trip Start Apr 01, 2012
Trip End Jul 07, 2012

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Diamond Lake Resort

Flag of United States  , Kentucky
Thursday, June 14, 2012

I started out early just before 7am to beat the heat, which is really taking a toll on my energy...It just wipes me out. So I packed up a couple of sandwiches, banana and my other bars, GU, body fuel....off I went. The first 10 miles were hills and then it flatted for awhile and more hills. I stopped at each town to get water, rest and eat....I have been taking in plenty of water each day and staying hydrated...My camelback holds 70 oz. so with the heat it has been filled a couple of times a day...

The town of Clay had quite the  judicial buildings for such a small town....Dixon and Sebree were also very small but cute little towns to pass thru. In Sebree I stopped right at lunch to get some water and ice filled in my camelback and Chris was very generous about filling the big cup full of ice for me.....

Then I was in Utica and met Bob & Debbie in the JR Market they were having there lunch....a lot of the small towns have a little eating place in the Markets and make sandwiches and easy foods. I told them what I was doing as Bob asked how many miles I had traveled and they couldn't believe the distance from just the day I had about 10 more miles at that point and already traveled 73 miles. They wished me well and also mentioned that the Fire House in town houses cyclists when they come through....showers and all.....The people so far in Kentucky are very friendly...

The drivers are fast going on these back roads a little scary at times...Thank you truckers that move over for us cyclists, we appreciate the room when you can move and understand when you can't you wait behind us.....not everyone is so kind.

So I decided to camp since it was so hot and humid just couldn't stand the thought of being in a motel room....So I found that there was the Diamond Resort just about 10 miles out and I got in my Van and off I went....Janice greeted me at the front desk and got me a site under a tree and looking out at the pool and lake....two guys came in and noticed my leg had grease from my chain and mentioned how they liked my tatoo....I got my shower, had a nice salad with chicken, glass of wine and ate out under the big shelter by my site.

I was so tired that around 7:30pm I thought well I would just lay down for a bit before doing the blog, well I guess you know that was it for the night.....woke up at 10:30pm got my PJ's on and went back to sleep, rested very well.

You can check out my video's on youtube, make a donation, sign up to be a Phantom Rider or Feeder or pass this on to friends and family......Good night.





Slideshow Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: