Beautifying Big B

Trip Start Oct 01, 2010
Trip End Oct 01, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , California
Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Steve spent a week in Hawaii, to sign out of his job and enter his first mini-retirement. We understand the risk but fully believe that you need to take some risk for the possibility of advancement (or at the very least learn from our mistake!). The benefits out way the risks in our minds and we know that this is the right time, there's no turning back (I'm a bit dramatic.). I'm sure the parents are a bit nervous but they are putting on a brave front.

Meanwhile, I stayed in San Diego to work on the layout for South East Asia travel blog book. We could have chosen to simply automate the process but it just wouldn't look exactly the way we want it to unfold. So, we've put it on ourselves to add just a bit more pressure to get it done and delivered to us, before we leave.

Our departure day is set for February 3rd, giving us a day to get to and settle in at Big Bear for the wedding. Steve and I assessed the work needed to be done on Big B and the list is long. I tried to get a jump start by doing some cleaning, namely steam cleaning of any upholstery visible...including the ceiling. However, I have to admit that it wasn't all work while Steve was gone. We took Rusty to Ocean Beach's Dog Beach, visited Cabrillo National Park (where Steve's parents got their lifetime National Park Pass for just $10 and I used our Yosemite $20 payment towards and Annual Pass for just an additional $60!), grabbed lunch with my sister-in-law, met up with our friend Heather for lunch and a hike, hiked Poway Lake with the family, watched our nephew play hockey and continued our Taco Tuesday tradition at Rubio's! 

Did I mention...dun dun dun...just two days after Steve had left for Hawaii, there was a hiccup. Someone let their truck accidentally roll into the back of Big B!!! Seriously? Breath... So accidents happen; it could have been a person rather then an RV.

The following two weeks after I picked Steve up at the airport was pretty much full daylight hours working on the RV (and nights on our book). Everyone was out there working with us, including Steve's parents and their neighbor (after living there for 3 months, we mine as well call him OUR neighbor), John. We needed all the helping hands we could get and are so grateful! For our going away, John and his wife, Janet, gave us a mini grill and Steve's parents hooked us up with our very first Crockpot! So sweet!

We did relax and chill out with a few people before we left. We went to the State Farm's Open at Torrey Pines with Steve's parents. That was my first pro golf tournament and I actually had more fun then I thought I would. We had great weather and know that I know more golfers, it helps to make watching the sport more interesting. I had been trying to schedule a time to meet up with my college friend and ATL roommate, Nick. Then he just so happened to have work in SD so we had drinks with him and his funny girl, Cory. Last but not least, John and Becky had time to have dinner with us and were surprisingly not stressing over last minute wedding details.  

I had been checking FedEx for our book delivery date and it kept getting pushed off a day at a time. I was disappointed when I woke up this morning to see a new delivery date of Feb 3rd! We'd be leaving at like 5 am and would have to figure out a way for it to be sent to us on our trip!? However, as luck would have it, our finished product arrived today!!! We LURVE it!

Tomorrow: Adventure awaits, we ride off to meet our destiny!  
Slideshow Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: