Roads and Destinations are Chosen!
Trip Start Jun 05, 2007
60Trip End Jul 26, 2007
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
I don't have any exact dates yet, but here is the basic plan:
(1) Leave Fl and drive as close to Mobile, Alabama on the first day.
(2) Continue driving on I10 to get as far past Houston, Texas as possible.
(3) Drive toward Fort Davis National Historic Site in Texas.
(4) Visit Guadalupe Mountain National Park and Carlsbad Caverns National Park
(5) Drive to White Sands National Monument in New Mexico.
(6) Drive 320 miles toward Tucson, Arizona.
(7) Visit Fort Bowie National Historic Site and Chiricahua National Monument in AZ.
(8) Drive all day to Joshua Tree National Park in California.
(9) Enjoy a day in the hot springs of Desert Hot Springs.
(10) Drive to Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area.
(11) Take a boat to the Channel Islands
(12) Visit Giant Sequia National Monument and Kings Canyon National Park in CA
(13) Drive to Yosemite National Park in California
(14) Drive all day to Lassen Volcanic National Park in CA
(15) Visit Lassen and then Whiskeytown-Shasta-Trinity National Recreation Area in CA
(16) Drive to Redwood National Park
(17) Drive to Crater Lake in Oregon
(18) Take I5 north toward Forks, WA
Stop at Fort Vancouver on the way
(19) Enjoy Rialto Beach on the Pacific in Olympic National Park
(20) Visit the Hoh Rainforest
(21) Enjoy the Sol Duc Hot Springs
(22) Visit Port Angeles and Hurricane Ridge in Olympic National Park
(23) Beach, Dungeness, Seaquim, Port Townsend
Start driving south toward Tacoma
(24) Drive to Mt. Ranier
(25) Raft the mighty Skykomish River with class 4+ and 5 rapids
(26) Raft the Wenatchee with class 3+ and 4 rapids
(27) Drive I90 to Glacier National Park in Montana
(28) Visit Grant-Kohrs Ranch National Historic Site in Montana
(29) Visit Big Hole National Battlefield, MT and then to Bannack State Historic Park
(30) Visit Canyon Creek Battlefield National Monument in Montana
(31)Continue I90 east and stop at Deadwood
(32) Drive 90 to 35 south to 80 east to 65 south to 24 south
(33) Stop at Stones River National Battlefield in Tennessee
(34) Continue 24 south to I75 south
(35) While in Georgia on I75 stop at Chickamaugua & Chattanooga National Military
Park, Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park, Martin Luther king Jr
National Historic Site, Ocmulgee National Monument
(36) Return home!!!!!