Welcome to my paradise...
Trip Start Sep 05, 2011
29Trip End Apr 05, 2012
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
This song was for sure written when Steven Coconuttreez visited Gili Trawagan, THE paradise island of Indonesia, but before i tell you more about it, i have to go a bit back in my big adventure book and tell you first of all a bit more
About this blog
Do i really have only one more reader left? :(
That's where i ended last time...after having spent too many hours in a minibus, I finally did arrive on the well known island of Bali...the first stop i made was Ubud, one of my favorite places during this trip. Not a big city but on the same time a lot of things to visit, an artistic place full of musea, temples, galleries, woodcarving and other art shops. As I was so tired after Sofie's short visit and the long trip to get there, I just took 5 days to relax, wander around, eat typical Balinese food, see Balinese dances, shop, rest, have massages and body scrubs and just enjoy Ubud. It were perfect 5 quiet days.
Next stop was Jimbaran, on the South of Bali. Wanted to stay 2 weeks in SurferCave, a nice Guesthouse near the beach, end my kitesurfcourse and do some yoga. Unfortunately the first week I stayed there, was not really the best week of my trip. SurferCave is really a nice place, an Indonesian family who has 3 rooms in a very quiet environment. It's a bit far away from everything but riding the motobike is still one of the things i love to do..but the weather really sucked that week, some storm coming from Australia, causing rain every f*cking single day...and we all know what effect that has on my mood...fo the whole week i was just waiting in vain for some sun and wind, i even started considering to buy a ticket and fly to Thailand to enjoy my last days in the sun there...Knowing now what happened after...i'm kind of glad i didn't buy that ticket!!! Luckily i met a crazy French couple, Claire and Adrian, staying with me in SurferCave, who made my stay a lot more pleasant, watching DVD's, playing skipbo and shithead, go to the beach the one morning that there was sun, learn me a bit how to surf, survive the quiet day of Celebration of Silence...was nice meeting them...
After having had too much rain, a rat in my room and being a bit tired of being far away from everything, i decided after that week to go to Kuta
THE tourist place of Bali, full of shops, restaurants, bars, discos, drunk people...but the weathergods decided to put a smile on my face, so i was again a happy person, staying there for 2 nights...
About Paradise, aka Gili Trawagan
After a good night out in Kuta, i left to Gili Trawagan...going through the worst hangover ever, in what felt like 100 degrees, i arrived finally in paradise island...Gili Trawagan...the island of white beaches. blue sea, sunny days, sex, drugs, alcohol, rock and roll, gossips, beautiful and happy people,....
Arriving there, the only thing i wanted to find was a nice quiet room with a hammock...didn't care about the hot water, swimming pool, spa centers or whatever, i just wanted to have a hammock...which i used only twice during the whole week :/
Being there for only 30 minutes i met the nicest people ever, Tato, Diego, Maria, Sandor...thanks for making my stay there one of the most memorable ones!!! Go to the beach, party, have a drink, go to sunset bar, be crazy, have lunch, go to the night market, get drunk, go dancing,...it was unforgettable...
And now i'm back in Kuta, my last day, meeting with Marlot, Lennard, Adrian and Claire...flying to Bangkok today and tomorrow...HOME!!!...can not believe this trip is over...one more blog is on the way...but i'm a bit too emotional for that one now...
but before i go...did you know that
- Ubud was for sure the hottest place i have ever been at
- if you buy something, it's better not to go and ask the other shops how much they ask for the same thing cause you will always find the same a lot cheaper and discovering that, doesn't make you feel very happy
- if you go up on a mountain, don't put on a skirt, as it is always more windy on top of it and it's very very very embarrassing when the wind blows up your skirt
- in Ubud the masseuse who was giving me a bodyscrub didn't believe i was 30 years old...because according to her, my boops where not big enough...as if i don't know!!!
- for 6 months people have been telling me to be careful on the motorbike because a lot of tourists burn their leg when getting off it...for 6 months i succeeded in not getting any burnmark...till now...i didn't burn my leg on my own motorbike though, i just got off my bike and burned my leg on the bike that was standing next to mine :P
- the yoga was not really a big success...cause i chose for a hot yoga class, in a room of 38 degrees...sweating all over, i didn't even make it through the warm up exercises...so that was it for yoga :P
- my nephews and niece wrote me a did you know that email and it was soooo nice!!!!
- this trip is and will always be...Carpe diem
See you all soonx