Trip Start Jul 08, 2008
13Trip End Jun 30, 2009
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
It's mostly been a bit cold and wet and we're thinking that climate change might have been magically reversed. It's a fact that Australian beaches are just as miserable as a British beaches when it's cold and raining.
A quick update from the last few months:
- On a single day in Margaret River we met the aunt of one of Kamal's school friends, were offered free parking when we visit Fraser Island and enjoyed some fine Australian wines, cheese and chocolate. A good day's work!
- We had a day out at the Melbourne races with Kamal decked out in a $100 outfit from the Australian equivalent of Primark and finished off with a $10 charity shop jacket. We then lost on every race...
- Our quest for work in Melbourne started well. We were the official Giveaways and Clothing Store Managers at the Melbourne Mile and then downgraded to deputy assistant envelope stuffers, letter deliverers and data entry executives on the Great Australian Run. Kamal is delighted that he can now add mail merge to his CV and how we laughed when someone called Sandy Beach registered. Her parents obviously had a good sense of humour! Unfortunately we didn't get one offer of work after sending our CVs to agencies. Doesn't bode well for future employment.
- Emily was delighted to meet childhood crush Daniel MacPherson, aka Joel from Neighbours, when she was working at the Great Australian Run.
- We found getting up at 4am every day on our trip to the red centre a little challenging. And you can imagine our delight when sunrise at Uluru was a bit of a non-event because it was cloudy. At least we'd managed to complete the 10km base walk before 10am...
- After defending Penguin biscuits for years (in the cross continental Penguin vs Tim Tam debate) we've now concluded that Tim Tams are infinitely superior.
Next up is Christmas in Wodonga, a hot air balloon flight and New Year in Sydney and a road trip in a campervan down the east coast. Happy days.