Waiting and Hoping
Trip Start Feb 20, 2013
64Trip End May 09, 2013
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
The past two days have been spent anxiously awaiting updates about our cement mixer. So far we have not been able to continue construction, and pour the second floor, because we still have not been able to secure a cement mixer. The mixer is imperative to the process because manually mixing the amount of cement needed could take more than 15 hours and obviously it would be a tiring process. The whole floor has to be poured in one day to ensure stability of the floor, so we have to wait until we have a cement mixer.
I am so frustrated that the cement mixer is the only thing stopping us from continuing with the project. We are now 2 days behind of where we should be, and my date of departure is quickly approaching. As Saturday is coming to an end it is clear we will not be pouring the floor tomorrow either, so Monday is our last chance. We really have to pour ASAP because the frames for the floor and the steel rods should not be exposed to rain and sun for long, as it can damage or warp the materials.
I'm crossing my fingers and continuing to hope for the best! Waiting has already proven to be the hardest part of this whole project.