Floating out at sea, waiting for Reality
Trip Start Mar 17, 2009
10Trip End Mar 31, 2009
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
After my swinging, we set out in the boat, and met up with several other boats from some other bungalows "resorts" ( I'm not sure why they all call themselves "resorts" I am not sure what makes it a resort, there is usually never a pool, never a work-out room or spa, maybe a mat somewhere down on the beach where you can get a massage for around $6
So there were 2 other long tail boats besides mine, just floating out there in the middle of the ocean, waiting , waiting for the big boat-the ferry to take us back to land, back to reality eventually. I looked at the others in their boats and was wondering if they were thinking the same thing as me, that last moment of vacation as we waited.Some where probably heading out somewhere new, for some , their travels will last months, even as long as a year, I'm lucky to have several small ones several times a year.
I wonder about some of the people I met, that love the places they go to on their travels so much that they end up moving there for part of a year, does it end up feeling the same when you make your vacations your reality? Do you still appreciate it as much when its no longer the places you are just visiting, but your life? I think from time to time we all think about running away to a deserted island, I don't know if I would feel the same .
But for me, its just the end of another great journey.
Bangkok is always more interesting and enjoyable on the way in, then the way out. By the time you get to Bangkok, you are sick of being hot, sweaty and dirty, and the haggling for how much a cab should cost, and why they wont put on their meter when their cab clearly states.." Meter Taxi"
After some last minute shopping, another pedicure, and a couple of hours sleep is was off to the airport for an early morning flight back home.
I decided to conclude my Blog with my Top Ten Random things about my trip to Thailand, not in any particular order, I just thought it would be fun, love lists!
1. The Best Bed I slept in....The Bed at The Viking Resort.
2. The Worst night sleep I had....The first night at the Viking Resort ( the music was insane that night)
3. The Best day....finding that amazing remote beach with the girls in Phi Phi Island.
4. The Best meal....Pineapple fried rice in Koh Lanta
5. The Stupidest thing I did...you are going to think I'm going to say cutting my finger, actually it was taking two Tylenol Pm in the dark one early morning not being able to see which bottle I grabbed thinking it was regular Tylenol....I couldn't keep my eyes open almost all day
6.One of my funniest moments...breaking my flip flop hiking back to our resort one night in Phi Phi and making the other girls laugh their heads off at me trying to make it all the way back in the dark, down a hill with one shoe. ( glad to entertain..:)
7. Silliest person I saw...Definitely the Guy wearing pink fisherman pants, pink scarve on his head, white sunglasses and a bird on his shoulder, thinking he was some kind of Love Guru.... I think Marita has a picture of him somewhere.
8. Closest Call.....walking on Koh Jum I stopped to take a picture of a great view and if I would of kept walking I would of gotten hit on the head by a coconut that just fell from a very tall tree. They say that you have a better chance of getting hit by a coconut then catching Malaria or getting bit by a shark...
9. Scariest moment....swimming in the complete dark in the Emerald Cave in Koh Lanta, with no head count before we went in, and signing no waiver...( you never sign waivers over there, for what Marita says...what are you going to sue someone who has nothing?
10. And the best Banana shake of the trip, had to be at the Viking Resort restaurant, they had a blender that worked all day...I had them twice a day when I was there!
I know that I am so lucky that I have the opportunity to travel alot more then most people because of my amazing basically free travel benefits, and the time off allows me to take several trips a year. But my life is the way it is because I create it. There are alot of people that have the same opportunities that I have but the lack of desire to act on it. Every trip I takes not only creates amazing memories, it makes me appreciate life and the world a little bit more, and I always come home a better person because of it all.