Departure to Adventure - Great Explorers?
Trip Start Jan 30, 2010
7Trip End Feb 06, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
We know that traveling to under-developed countries is tough and sometimes unpleasant. Nevertheless, as we depart we remind ourselves of the many great trips we have made in the past, and we try to remind ourselves that we should try to aspire to some of the Traits of Great Explorers:
1) A planner: Knows where we are going.
2) A people manager: Knows when, how and why to delegate.
3) A diplomat: When necessary, can lie straight through his teeth.
4) A smiler: Worth a thousand hellos and thank-yous.
5) Compassionate: Every culture is true, every person human.
6) Curious: The child inside never dies.
7) Courageous: In a squeeze never afraid to take a chance.
8) Decisive: Indecision is always the wrong decision.
9) Dreamer: Dreams his own world, then sets out to create it.
10) Egotistical: No man nowhere nohow will stop him.
11) Funny: Makes everybody, including the guy holding the AK-47, laugh.
12) Humble: He knows he'll never conquer, only survive (maybe).
13) Listener: To his team, himself, the earth.
14) Lucky: When his number comes up, the gods are looking the other way.
15) Mad: Absolutely, unequivocally.
16) Omnivorous: Food is food - even if you don't like it.
17) Optimist: Even when everyone is suffering.
18) Tough: Toughtoughtoughtoughtough.
19) Sinewy: Inside and out.
20) Single-minded: To a fault.
21) Tenacious: More so than any person you've ever met in your life.
Sat. January 30, 2010 - Delta
Lv. Augusta Drive
Lv. Atlanta – ATL 5:30 pm Delta #393
Ar. Panama City - PTY 9:36 pm
Upon arrival we were met by Martin Fisher in Limo, got brief tour of Panama City, checked into Marriott Courtyard.