Oct 19, 2008
Jan 05, 2008
We are looking at the NOAA forecasts everyday and trying to see the pattern for hopping over to the Bahamas. Winds are mostly from the north or east which does not work for crossing the gulf stream.
The marina has good facilities and we went to the bar last night and there were some very good karaoke perfomers. If job cancelled (the ship owner may not want me to attend because I gave one of their ships a bad rap before) we will leave Monday 17th weather permitting. If the job is not cancelled we should resume passage on Nov 20 - our 37th anniversary.
As related yesterday a convenient surveying assignment has come up and as it ties in with Dave's idea of sometimes working from the boat thought we would give it a try and lay over at Port Royal Landing Marina as with our Boat US discount the cost is very reasonable. The job is in Savannah and for a good client and we want to take some time off, study the charts to plan some 50 and 60 mile days, hire a car and take a side trip to see the local area so it all ties in. The weather was horrible in the middle of the night with rain, thunderstorms and tornado watches for Charleston and points north. More forecast for today. The boat is behaving well but we may use time to fix a couple of things. A leak on a hose that supplies flushing seawater for the head and a loose electrical connection on the top head of the speed log plug.