All systems go!

Trip Start Oct 19, 2008
Trip End Jan 05, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Maryland
Monday, October 20, 2008

Dave made a very hot stir fry last night!  Before we left I picked over the vegetable garden and amongst the lovely pink Brandywine tomatoes were some tiny red chillies, two of which found their way into our supper last night.  Once underway on Sunday we found that our speed log and trip meter were not functioning.  First thing this morning we set to work solving the problem - a loose connection, I suggested as I reached into the bag by the companionway where the tridata manual is stored.  As I reached up I dislodged the pepper spray gun and as it fell it clicked on the safety lever and landed on the trigger.  All I can say is pepper spray in a confined area like a boat cabin is not a good scenerio!  We exited the cabin eyes watering and coughing and let the cabin clear.  The speed log was found to be a loose connection and with a bit of jiggling started to work.  Dave gave me two new onboard responsibilities today - electrical and safety officer!  We found a new home for the pepper spray.

We were under way by 10am on a beautiful clear and calm morning.  However, calm is not good for sailors and we motored all the way to Solomons Island in the company of at least 6 other Snowbirds.  We saw our first pelican today swooping and diving on its prey.  Reminded me about that super poem:  A wonderful bird is the pelican, its beak can hold more than its belly can.  It can hold in its beak enough food for a week, and I'm wondering how in the hellican!

It's always fun entering the Patuxent River as there is a big naval air station here and we've often seen our tax dollars at work with some spectacular flying.  We motored up Back Creek on arrival and as expected found all the anchorages near town quite full so turned around and found a quiet spot to drop the anchor in Mill Creek.  We then set to and repaired our flag halyard with 2 boat hooks, a bit of wire and some sticky tape we managed to rethread a line through the block 12 feet overhead!  Beats going up the mast and I had to appologize to Dave for laghing at his plan!  A lovely sunset this evening with a bonus warm cabin after all that motoring.

Slideshow Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: