Visitiors num 23 24 25- St Pats weekend II
Trip Start Aug 25, 2005
52Trip End Mar 31, 2007
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
3 hours 15 types of beer .... well it was St Patricks Day ...I am such a cliche...
1. Malheur Biere Brut - Champagne ale -De Landtsheer brewery - Belgian 11%
2. Prima Landøl - J Rasmussen brewery - pilsner that is not pilsner - Danish 4,6%
3. Old Gambrinus dark - Hancock brewery- double buck - Danish 9,5%
4. Oude Kriek Vielle - raspberry beer- Van der velden Henri brewery -good til 2025 - Belgium 6,5%
5. Gueuze 2002 Cantillon Lou Pepe- expensive - Belgium 5%
6. Gouden Carolus Easter Brew - Belgium 10,5%
7. God Påske Easter brew - Nøgne Ø brewery - belgian ale - Norwegian 6%
8. Eku Kulmbacher - Brautradition - Bavaria Germany 11,08%
9. Lundgrens Lager - Sweden 4.9%
10. Titan IPA - Great Divide Brewing Co. Denver CO USA 6,8%
11. Meantime Coffee - Greenwich London England 6%
12. Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout - Great Divide Brewing Co. Denver CO USA 9,5%
13. Thomas Hardy ale - Numbers P09067 & P09068 - Devon England - expensive -11,7%
14. Trappist Westvleteran biere blond - the one the monks have for themselves - Belgium 5,8%
15. Trappist Westvleteran bevat biere - Belgium 10,2%
This was all over at 10.30pm so naturally we had to go to last years St Pats "scene of the crime The Globe", where we got the welcome of the world from the lovely bar manager from Dublin Brian, and thankfully there was no irish dancing performance this year by us but I think C and I were waltzing to Kenny Rogers. Anyway then we tried the Irish assoc. of Cph club at midnight but they were all packed up (call themselves Irish?) so we headed homeward, only of course that meant passing "The Lounge" cocktail bar and I know we stayed til they kicked us out (apparently that was my idea, ahem). Anyway after some take out food I passed on the couch at home while the other fiends had more beer til all hours!
Needless to say Sunday morning was a write off and our London friend had a 3pm flight so we didn't do any tourist stuff with him (he is gonna have such a skewed view of Cph) but the rest of us did eventually get it together and went on a great oul 3 hour walk from Nørrebro to Kongens Nytorv via our usual faves Kings Library and Black diamond etc. had a coffee break in Kongens Nytorv and did a few more kilometers up as far as The Mermaid and back down through Kastellet ramparts and to the Queens residence Amalienborg to look at the human "toy" solders followed by a well deserved rest in Nyhavn 17 bar (not unlike Temple Bar area in Dublin). Then we had booked dinner in one of the best restaurants in Cph "Spiseloppen" in hippy Christiania followed by a night cap in crazy bar Woodstock (that is usually full of drunk Greenlanders who look like eskimos).
I was working on the Monday so the visitors hit the shops and I met them again at 4pm and C and I brought them to our other fave Assistens Kirkegard (where Hans Christian Andersen et. al. buried) which was finally back open after the riots abated. This was followed by a very "hygge" (danish description of cosiness only more so) time in a bar called "Temple Bar" it was spitting snow by this time so we had dinner in our local Indian (that's really Iranian!), so next thing I knew it was 1am in Blågards apotek (good jazz bar) and found I was back on the beer so I retreated to my bed as I still had work the next day and the left others to it - where aparently I missed C break up a fight later in another bar! Then our guests headed on Tuesday morn. (with 2 more luggages for us).
Another great weekend with our visitors but I had the least amount of alcohol and I am poisoned so I can only imagine how the others are...in fact feel like my stomach was kicked....;)