10 things I miss, and don't miss about home
Trip Start Jul 28, 2009
51Trip End Jul 27, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
I've been living in China for almost a 4 months now. Obviously there are a good few things i miss and also stuff i like to miss. Anyway, in no particular order :
10 Things I miss : -
2. Vegetarian food, i really miss my meat substitute Quorn
3. Magners or cider in general. I don’t understand, China have apples but no cider?!
4. Clean air/clean drinking water. The price you have to pay for living in one of the heaviest polluted areas on the Earth.
5. Speaking my own language and having a good crack. The Chinese just don’t understand sarcasm or English humour
6. Halo 3 - I would pay a lot of money to play that game again, especially to play ODST with mates online. Sadly everyone has now turned to PS3, and this will only be a dream.
7. Doing nothing (I think this will appear in both lists!)
8. Mary Jane (for those of you who understand)
9. Live music. (Gigs and the like, kinda follows on from no.1)
10. Family (last but not least!)
10 things I DON'T miss : (again in no particular order)
1. RRP (recommended retail price) I love the way that nothing has a fixed price. Pay what you want here in China, but sadly they are quickly catching on.
2. Doing nothing (told you, a double edged sword here. Sometimes it is just too boring doing nothing)
3. The feeling of achieving nothing. I hated the feeling that college was wasting my time because i wasn’t doing enough. At least now I am building my skills and gaining valuable life experience.
4. Control of the parents. Do what you want, when you want!
5. Tipping people in restaurants. Love the way that what you pay on the menu is what you actually pay. They get paid enough don’t they?
6. Personal space. There is so much pushing and shoving in China and there is no need to say sorry when you practically push someone off balance when you brush shoulders. Im going to be so rude when I come back, I’ve forgotten the word ‘sorry’.
7. Not being stared at or photographed like you are some alien life form.
8. Mary Jane
9. Spending copious amounts of time on my Xbox
10. Not having a street vendor selling delicious food everywhere!
I could go on . . .
Anyway, just my thoughts. If you’ve been travelling or been away from home, what are the things you’ve missed?