Getting ready to go again

Trip Start Unknown
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Australia  , South Australia,
Friday, October 29, 2010

It's hard to believe we have been back home for a full month!   So much has happened at home.  The little laundry business we have started is still having minor problems ironed out, (no pun intended) but coming along  well and it truly helps when the people you are providing the service for are actually offering a friendly bit of advice as well.  Our half built home is looking fantastic with tiled floor, light switches that now work, and most of the candles now put back in the cupboard, some of the painting done, and so much landscaping outside complete.  The house has come a long long way in a short time and we now pay no rent. 

Daryl has been madly researching about us bringing the boat back through Bass Strait over the next few weeks ourselves.  Looks like we are going to give it a go!!!!   The only sailing we have ever ever done has been on Caterina, so we are total novices, but as long as we are careful I know we will be all right. We have purchased new life jackets - should keep both our mums and Krissy happy as they are the special ones like you have on planes with a pull ripcord and auto - blow up thingys in them - just in case things do go pear shaped while we are out there - yes ..  I am a  little nervous about the whole thing  - but excited at the same time.   
I think it is the night sailing that is making me nervous and the idea of passing through shipping lanes possibly with darkness all around,  but we will get to that as we get to it.   

With another drive to Adelaide where I can FINALLY spend at least one night with those grandbabies of mine, tickets to book back to Canberra where Leisa and the girls are waiting to take us to Bateman's Bay and a million other things to do...   it will be a busy fun filled week.  I have just found the list of clothes that I wrote out before we left Caterina so I can now pack whatever else we need and start getting ready.   Yee Ha almost ready to go!!! 

Sitting at Jay and Lozzy's computer after a big day and a half paying full time with our four grandkids it just seems that we are not getting to spend enough time with these precious little people and they are growing up way, way too fast.  Riley, now at kinder and growing like a little mushroom is getting to be such a big man, Hayden - still not growing but our gorgeous little comedian who will always be a lover not a fighter, Zack, our miniature little Jay with the bluest eyes, whitest teeth and funniest little personality and little girl Tahlia - not quite eight months and princess of the entire family.  How lucky are we???      Just wish sometimes that we all lived in the one town and I could spend every weekend with all of them. Nice idea - but they DO have their own lives!!!    We do too and I will never complain about that - only complaint I have EVER had is that I don't get to see them enough.
in the morning and we then get to spend the day at Calwell before heading over to Bateman's Bay. Lucky us - looks like Leisa might be with us for a day or two - might get some girly shopping in with her!!   Missed out with Krissy this time, cos our time was limited and I do love to spend time with Leisa, so should be great.  Just waiting for Jay to come home from work so we can spend some time with him and then it is off to bed, up in the morning and off to the airport tomorrow morning.   

 The journey begins........   again...      I AM SOOOOOO E X C I T E D !!!!

After a great stay with Leisa and the girls, and then a full day with Leisa staying with us on the water, we are now sitting in sunny Bateman's Bay waiting for the weather to be right to leave here.  Leisa was a godsend to us - Bateman's Bay does not cater for people on boats very well at all.   No fuel facilities and no way to get the water out of the taps on the jetty and into the boat.  Leisa was our taxi queen.  She drove us down to Mossy Point where we enjoyed Tomakin potato cakes - with chicken salt of course, like we used to order almost every Sunday when we lived there and then for a look at our old home. THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING  TO IT   - except for a backyard fence they erected as soon as they moved in - nothing at all has changed. The fence that was never rendered or painted is just the same, the two trees in the front yard still are there with no extra work been done at all.  It is a lovely home in a beautiful estate, but not sorry at all that we left it.   We were then taxied around to buy fuel,hoses and shopping that was not with in walking distance.   We then enjoyed a steak, mushroom and asparagus dinner, a few drinks with Leisa checking out a party at the restaurant across the river from us with the binoculars and we all fell into our beds early.   We had a LOVELY night.

Brian, from Moruya, who I worked with at Old Mogo Town was over last night for a while and we thoroughly enjoyed catching up with him.  He is back now for another visit this afternoon, and we have had Rick and Peter, Daryl's old workmates stop in to say hello.  Sad, sad news from Brian: my old mate Seth, from Mogo Town, probably one of my most favorite people from the South Coast died only a month or so ago. I had hoped to catch up with him this trip but it is not to be.  I am not sure what happened, but the old bugger was struggling with emphysema while we lived in the area and I am guessing he didn't give up the smokes he loved so much.  Seth was the child of two vaudeville players that was given to the nurse Sadie, who helped bring him into the world at birth, with the most interesting tales ever of Sydney, Kings Cross, the Navy and so much more.   I helped him find out where his dad was buried, and what happened to his mum when we lived here and spent many hours chatting to this funny old man on the veranda at Mogo Town...   Rest in Peace old Sethy... such a shame we missed you xxx

 We have bought all the bits and pieces we need to continue our sailing trip home  including a new safety harness to clip the lanyard (not sure of spelling) on to; In case we fall over, new gas bottle and a hose to fill up the water tank when we are in ports.  All is really good. We are both excited about leaving tomorrow - as long as the weather is right for us to leave. 


Slideshow Report as Spam


marie weller on

So loved your latest entry. Gets better asit goes

Add Comment

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: