Ta Da! The End - for real this time
Trip Start Oct 17, 2007
49Trip End Feb 04, 2008
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
We literally squeezed into Toronto in between snow storms, as they had had a dumping two days before our arrival and then another storm of freezing rain and relentless, continuous days of snowfall to follow. It's great though! There really is nothing quite as beautiful as waking up in the morning and seeing every single thing under a perfect blanket of white. Yes, it's winter, and yes, we did miss it. However, Scott did not expect to have to shovel a driveway 20 times within a week, and I didn't expect to have to re-learn to drive in deep snow conditions on the other side of the road the day after arrival. No time like the present though!
Anyway, a few things that make Canada so... well, Canadian that we once again get a kick out of:
- The weather being the top story of the evening news discussing the performance of the snow plows for about 15 minutes, how much more snow is to come and how much cold we have to endure. Honestly we were laughing so hard a tear rolled out of my eye. In Australia it's like "Sunny all week, back to you Bob!"
- I bumped into someone by accident at the shopping centre and they said sorry to me
- Tim Horton's coffee and apple fritters
- The hot dog vendors on the street, specially the dude at the corner of Yonge and Dundas that sells the BEST regular and veggie dogs with a million toppings
- A nation completely obsessed with ice hockey even when the home team is performing pathetically the current season
Ahhhhhh! To all of you in Australia though, we miss you so much... and we miss Australia too. Both places are equally our home. Please keep in touch...
Signing out of this blog for good now, yours truly and always,
Jenn & Scott