Sunshine Coast Swansong
Trip Start Mar 06, 2012
12Trip End Ongoing
Show trip route
Where I stayed
What I did
It’s day 43 of the trip. That means it has been 12 days since my last entry, 16 days since we arrived in Oz. Time has just seemed to pass us by here on the Sunshine Coast & its surrounds where we still linger, at least for another 24 hours. Normally it would be a problem for me to go 12 days without a blog entry because it would mean I have quite a few days & events to recap, with the possibility of having to spend an inordinate amount of time doing so. But thankfully the Sunshine Coat doesn’t put that sort of pressure on a blogging traveller, at least not this blogging traveller. You see I’ve purposely let those aforementioned 12 ‘Mave On The Move’ days slip by here on TravelPod safe in the knowledge that when I do eventually get around to updating this blog - which is now - that I’ll do so with very little effort: basically we spent, as mentioned at the end of my last entry, the Easter holiday weekend in Byron Bay at the awesome Bluesfest Music Festival; we spend the last weekend in the Queensland capital of Brisbane; & we spent the days in between Byron & Brisbane doing..
Mave On The Move - Day 44+
The bags are repacked & tomorrow we’ll be backpackers again. We’ll bid the hospitality of the Broeres & Queensland’s Sunshine Coast adieu, swapping them for the ethnicity & colonialism of Melbourne, Australia’s 2nd largest city & the capital of the southern state of Victoria. We’ve a flight from there to New Zealand on the 24th of the month but before that we'll be checking out what Melbourne has to offer (& I’ll be catching up with an old friend, an old travel buddy). We've both been to Melbourne before - Mel when she was a baby, me 9 years ago - & we’re both looking forward to being reacquainted with the city. It should be fun... & at the very least it’ll be different.
To End With
No observations of late (it hasn't been that kind of travelling experience here in Queensland) but just a few mentions to end with
- First off thank you to the John & Carolyn, Mel’s parents, for accommodating us, feeding us & generally putting up with us for the last 16 days. Mel, as a daughter at home, may have taken your hospitality for granted but I didn't.
- Secondly, 'Bogan On A Bus' (maybe) coming to speakers near you soon. Mel has been neglecting her blog too... but she hasn't forgotten about it & is toying with the idea of turning it into a podcast (although not entirely... she'll be keeping the writing alive too). You heard it here first, if you’ll pardon the pun.
This trip is immortalized on-line elsewhere.
- Keep track of our progress on my dMb Travel page.
My personal photography blog entries since my last TravelPod entry. Check out the Lone Pine entry especially for lots more information on our hugging koalas & feeding kangaroos experience.
- dMb blog: April 12th 2012: Oz So Far.
- dMb blog: April 13th 2012: Brisbane Walkabout.
- dMb blog: April 13th 2012: Brisbane - Street.
- dMb blog: April 15th 2012: Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.