Back to Blighty
Trip Start Nov 07, 2004
55Trip End May 20, 2005
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
We have been thinking long and hard as to the best (and worst) bits of the trip, and its very difficult! So in no particular order, some of our low points were:
1) Realizing we were on the wrong train, heading in the wrong direction, back to Delhi
2) Getting food poisioning in Malaysia and Laos
3) The final leg (in the dark) of our 22 km mountain trek to the Shali Temple, India
4) Buying train tickets in India
and some of the highlights:
1) Arriving in Delhi and thinking, "Right, here we go then!"
2) The Temples at Angkor
3) Waking up in the morning at the Shali Temple and stepping out on to the roof of the World with a 360' panorama of the Himalayas, India
4) Waking up each morning and thinking, "where shall we go today?"
5) Sitting on the footplate of an Indian 'express' train, barrelling through the countryside
6) Diving in Thailand and the 'desert island' experience of Ko Hai
7) World cuisine!
A really BIG thanks to everyone for all your messages of support, encouragement and otherwise! We have had a truely awesome 6 months and look forward to catching up with you all in the next few months!
Caroline and Mark