The Club Restaurant
Trip Start Dec 27, 2011
48Trip End Apr 25, 2012
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Brian had to help us order again since the entire menu was written in Japanese with no pictures for guidance. He suggested getting a course which came with 6 dishes:
1. salmon sashimi with a gingery, horseradish sauce
2. beef soup with carrot, mushroom and diakon
3. 3 kinds of sashimi with fresh wasabi, diakon, and little spicy red leaves
4. tempura fish wrapped in a "big leaf" (that is how the Japanese character translates)
5. carrot, mushroom salad with walnut dressing
6. miso soup, rice, cooked fish, sweet potato, diakon, pickles (Japanese pickles are usually a type of cabbage or greens that has been pickled. It has a much stronger horseradishy taste rather than sour taste compared to North American pickles. I think Mr. Van Loon would enjoy these!)
All in all it was a very delicious meal and the presentation was awesome. (Sorry no pictures)
Not much news to report the last couple of days. Its been snowing almost everyday, anywhere from 9 to 4 inches, therefore we has been doing a lot of shoveling. On Feb. 2 will we attend the Obusession and party to follow. We are looking forward to the amazing food once again!