Day #1- Irvine--->San Fran (FINALLY!)
Trip Start Unknown
11Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Set alarms for 7 am
Shower and bring suitcases and last minute "stuff" to the car
Leave keys to apartment with Sean
Go to Whole Foods for breakfast and snacks
Leave Orange County and head for San Francisco by 9
This was reality:
1. Woke up at 7
3. Put on makeup
4. Payed last minute bills
5. Shoved clothes out of laundry that I forgot about in my suitcase (I am surprised it zippered)
6. Left key and door fob in a ziplock bag on the counter for Sean
7. Brought suitcases and last minute "stuff" to the car
8. Locked ourselves out of the apartment (see above) and after waiting 10 minutes hoping Sean would come outside I stopped someone driving out of the garage and asked to borrow their fob (side note: I felt really bad doing this considering I know how I would have felt if someone stopped me on my way to work in the morning...)
9. Did a final walk through to make sure I did not forget anything
10. Checked my blackberry only to realize the tracking ball was stuck
11. Babs suggested we go to Verizon if it was broken
12. Sean suggested restarting it (that worked)
15. Went to Whole Foods (Strawberries, Apricot, Celery, Carrots, Coconut Water, individual packet of Peanut Butter, 2 bananas, hummus, falafel wrap, balsamic tofu, 2 grape leaves, white peach... and Babs surprised me with soy jerky as out first road trip food "experiment") Yes this does seem like a ton of food... we did not stop to eat AT ALL until dinner...
16. Finally started driving towards San Fran... estimated time... 11 am
Today was a VERY long day! We did not arrive to our hotel until close to 8 pm and by this point all we wanted to do was grab a bite to eat and go to bed. I even contemplated putting a "blog under construction" note up, but I knew I may disappoint some people (no names mentioned... begins with a J and ends with a OYCE) Babs is already snoring and she literally just put her head down. The hotel is beautiful (I will post pictures of the room and the lobby soon) and we are REALLY excited to walk around and sightsee tomorrow. I wish I had the energy to go into detail about the day, but I think I only have a few more minutes in me before I fall asleep at the computer
1. It is FREEEEZING in San Fran compared to what I am use to.. even Babs is cold. When we left Irvine it was in the 70's... it's currently 53 here... WINTER! (Don't start sending me comments about how that is not even cold and how I better be ready for east coast winters yada yada... I know! I am tired, cranky and my nose is an icicle. On the bright side I will have a San Fran sweatshirt to take home. I asked the bellman when it is warm here... September and October...
2. We saw so many cows today... see pictures
3. I was convinced that Babs got a picture of a UFO, but it turned out to be a glare from the car window... take a look at the picture though you will be fooled too!
4. We stopped for a gas in a small town off the highway... it was $4.76 a gallon... we left immediately.
5. We witnessed a man driving an old Mercedes cross over double yellow lines to pass 5 cars and a tour bus..
6. Apparently renting an RV is the thing to do these days! If you are interested we passed a few (15) from "cruiseamerica.com"
7. We passed one RV that leaked every time it turned to the right... we debated what the mystery "liquid" was...the jury is still out.
8. We passed through a town named Castroville that is "the artichoke capital of the world" and you can buy 12 for $1.
9. The town of Gilmore LITERALLY smells like garlic and is home to a garlic festival. Babs thinks if you live there you most likely get use to the smell and you no longer notice it... I on the other hand just became hungry... weird...
10. I am tired. Goodnight.
Oh, and in order to upload the pictures I had to give each one a title... which is annoying when you can barely see straight so I apologize for the dull titles... We will be better company and story tellers tomorrow! :)
We took a TON of pictures today so enjoy flipping through the slide show
Oh, and I heard from Benny again... (Thanks Jen)
Hi again! Jennifer is running on the treadmill so I have a moment to escape her smothering kisses and drop you a line. All is well here. I had trouble sleeping cause my belly was empty so Jennifer (finally!) got up at 5:30 to feed me. I just don't understand why she sleeps so late! You're not gonna believe this- but you know that trick where I throw my toys and chew stick on the ground while I'm on the couch? Then I wait for one of you 2 legged creatures to go get it? Yeah- she TOTALLY fell for it! More than once! This chick is great! We went for a walk again today- my favorite part of the walk is getting the mail. I also like feeding the fish, although they make a funny noise when they jump out of the water. I kinda got bored with that so I sniffed around the yard for awhile. Anyway- we're watching So You Think You Can Dance and I MUST get ready for Kent's performance. I really think he's got a shot at winning this season.Drive safe. Hope to see you very soon!Benny
Thanks for reading! :)
Beth & Babs