Time to say goodbye!

Trip Start Jul 01, 2006
Trip End Jul 09, 2006

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Canada  , Ontario,
Saturday, July 8, 2006

Early rise for last opportunities at photo shoot, drinks, good food, the salty beach and eating fabulous burgers at the pool grill, wishing I could stop the time, but time to say goodbye to all. It wasn't easy to leave it all behind, and return to my good old routine. We sat there, pondering on how life deals the cards that have to be played, regardless of the hand dealt, which seems unfair..............
To be organized when traveling is a must, to me, becomes mandatory, for I had to log in my suitcases 4 pairs of shoes, 3 bottles of liquor, 2 cartoons of cigarettes, 2 bottles of local beer, bottle of African hair conditioner to name just a few things among others!!! Good thing I travel light or else I'd be forbidden to shop!!!
I gave all my last coins to the shuttle driver at the airport, resulting in a tiff with a porter, who took my suitcase from me and put them on a table 5 feet away, then  commanded me to give him .25 stretching his hand. I explained to him I had no money left, only my Visa card, he actually ordered me to use it to pay his tip. Miss cool lost her cool, he was the second Antiguan to get my attitude. Not being racist, but these people are very hostile.
 I will not return to Antigua, vacations should be enjoyable, not abrasives!
Check in airport  by 1:30pm;  it took my an hour to cross security, customs, emigrations and duty, in scorching heat. There is no air conditioning, the officers working at security are hostile, reminding me of Cuba. I board my flight  which departs at 3:45.

I helped out an old Barbuda lady in Toronto, the lady was visiting her dying sister. From boarding, to Canadian security, I chaperoned her, a 6 hours trip turned out into a lifetime friendship. What a great lady she was.
After sad goodbyes with her, I was hailed aside by a Pakistani taxi driver. Once again, my suitcases were taken away from my hands. I really need to start being a prick and learn to tell people off! I did not want a cab, I wanted a door to outside so I could smoke!!! The Pakistani was intimidating, had the upper hand carrying my luggage. A French Canadian security guard yelled at me, running towards me, chilling my blood, for I had a tropical seed in my luggage, and I thought I was being arrested. Turned out to be an officer trying to protect me; in French, so the Pakistani driver could not understand, he stated that some young women in the previous weeks were raped in the airport garage, by illegal cab drivers. He strongly suggested that I use a legally licensed driver, one just out the door, where I wanted to go in the first place.The cab driver let go of my luggage, and the security man escorted me downstairs, by the door.
I had 12 hours to wait for my flight home,cabbed and crashed my hotel room swiftly...and slept through , past the alarm! It was 7:12 am, flight departs at 7:50am .......
I rushed out my room, checked out, hailed a cab and got my boarding pass by 7:36....6 minutes too late, luggage conveyors were closed, flight departure still 15 minutes away! Missed my bloody flight home by 6 minutes, the rep logged me on the next flight,  6 hours to wait!  Mad would be an understatement! Since I had checked out of my hotel, I couldn't return to take advantage of my free included breakfast...I had so much time to kill now!
I sat outside, pondering about the last 24 hours of my life while John had another week into his curfew resort; from going so high up, to down....once I finally landed safely home, I went to Boston Pizza for Canadian food, watching the soccer cup finale...Italy won, Ye!!!
Report as Spam

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: