Vent and you shall be heard
Trip Start Nov 24, 2005
40Trip End Jan 08, 2006
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Feeling better today. Not raining, yay! Also found laundromat a few streets away from hotel. Lovely Indian guy runs it, really helpful - speaks great English. Told me I have a really great smile. :P What is it with these guys in Italy? So smooth, but you're tempted to believe they're for real.
Going to Vatican city today. Not very excited about it or anything else we are to see in Rome. Sort of going through the motions at the moment. Over monuments and museums.
On a lighter note, thought I'd share some things I have learnt about Arvs with you all:
* Arvs has one smile that he thinks looks good in photos. He uses the same smile over and over again.
* Arvs lives to eat. Especially Italian food.
* Arvs is terrible with locks and keys. Doesn't matter if it's the simplest lock in the world or if there's a trick to it like twisting the handle at the same time. No matter how many times he tries to open it or lock it, he needs ten minutes. Usually I just end up taking the keys from him and doing it myself.
* Arvs is also terrible with any language other than English (and presumably, Tamil). I've noticed many times that once he says something in English, if the other person doesn't understand him, Arvs just repeats the same thing in a much louder tone of voice, as though the problem is deafness instead of a language barrier. I have also concluded through my observations that Arvs is terrible at Charades.
* Arvs needs one hour in the morning and one hour at night. To himself. In the bathroom. For grooming purposes. I don't know what he does in there, but he never EVER emerges before the one hour is up. He comes hobbling out with a towel wrapped around his chest, and proceeds to groom his hair.
* Arvs is hairy. Now, my family's state of hirsuiteness (don't think that is a word, but I am using it anyway) is nothing to sneeze at, but Arvs is something else. If I ever have to use the same shower after him, I can count on hairs being sprinkled all over the bottom. I have to hose the place down first.
* Arvs needs a lot of time to decipher anything and any situation he is not familiar with. This includes maps and metro (train lines). There was a period of a day or two in Paris when I was soooo sick that I could barely put one foot in front of another. I'll never know how we made it through that day. Arvs stepped up, but only when I told him there was no other choice as I was brain dead. I only had to help once or twice.
He is sitting next to me now, reading everything I write. He asks if he gets to write something about me... Of course he does! But he is chickening out now, no doubt he thinks I will get offended at what he writes.
Very wise... LoL
Anyway, enough time wastage, must go now. Catch you all soon!