Mandasadventure's Traveler Profile
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Favourite music
- Anything that makes me feel good or relate to...
- Favourite movie
- Anything Tarantino, Indie Films, etc
- English, some American Sign Language, debating on whether to learn Japanese
- Favourite quote
- "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Interests and hobbies
- Photography, poetry, art, the human body and its functions, people watching
- One thing I want to do before I die
- See as much of the world as possible...!!
- Favourite book
- How can I answer that?? All of them....
- My friends describe me as
- Outgoing, outspoken, thirsty for knowledge, and a "better late then never" traveler
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- I have had several "amazing moments" in my life so far. #1 is giving birth to my daughter-hands down. The others consist of finally graduating college at the ripe age of 34 (better late then never), boarding the plane to go on my first real vacation, etc.
My name is Amanda, and I am a late bloomer in the world of travel. I did not take my first real vacation until summer of 2012, and it was a gift to myself for finishing up a Psych. Nursing program and earning my degree in the field as well. I have always been curious about the world, my DVR is constantly recording some random show on the Travel channel, and I watch them dreaming that one day it will be me visiting those places. So, after this first real trip of mine to Oahu, I decided that my vacations each year will be spent somewhere else, somewhere far away, and I would share my stories with people, especially other people like myself who have not had the means to be a traveler until much later in their lives. I also realized that to many that where I live, in Southern California, is also a vacation destination and that I have seen a great amount of it and have plenty of pictures (sometimes they get a little 'arty' - I am an amateur photographer) and stories to share. So this blog is dedicated to all travel, be it far away or close to home, and I hope it inspires people to get out and see the things I have seen.