Ashika's Traveler Profile
- Favourite quote
- Wag more, bark less.
- Interests and hobbies
- you can also follow us at: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/ashika
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Sail around the world.
- My friends describe me as
- A classic John G. Alden design; staysail rigged clipper ketch in a lovely cream color.
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- Lauri has had 3, Dois has had at least 2. They were named Donnie, Scott, Jennifer, Aaron and Joel.
Ashika was built in Yokosuka, Japan, at the Fuji Boatworks yard. She was built under the majestic shadow of Mount Fuji to the specs of a great boat designer; John G. Alden. When she was launched in August of 1976, she theoretically became a Leo, the same astrological sign as her current day owners. In 2003 they re-christened her from Wayward to Ashika; Japanese for "sealion". Named in tribute to the Japanese sealion that have since become extinct in Japan but thrive in California, her Leo birthright and the simple fact that she was no longer Wayward, she was home.