Alanjgreenhalgh's Traveler Profile
- Educator (currently college lecturer in mathematics, formerly high school assistant principal)
- Favourite music
- Rock, Reggae, Folk, Some old show tunes
- Brooklyn, NY
- Favourite movie
- The Godfather, Dances with Wolves, Shogun
- English, a little Italian
- Favourite quote
- Pretty much everything ever uttered by our 16th president, but here is one of my favorites: I do the very best I know how - the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end. Abraham Lincoln
- Interests and hobbies
- Writing books on my life, working out at YMCA, producing my cable TV show Alan's Italy, updating my Youtube Channel, reading, guitar playing
- One thing I want to do before I die
- Everything I do now, just over and over.....
- Favourite book
- Abraham Lincoln, A Life by Michael Burlingame
- My friends describe me as
- Smart, Funny, Friendly, Giving, Helpful, Compassionate, Modest (LOL)
- The most amazing moment in my life so far
- The birth of my daughter. Then meeting my second wife. Then deciding to teach mathematics as a career. Then discovering my love for Italy.
I live a great life filled with the love of close friends and family. I live in a lovely environment in Woodstock, NY, and have been traveling to Italy at least once or twice a year since 1992. I am some sort of "expert" in Italian travel and have produced my cable TV show Alan's Italy on Woodstock Public Access Television since December 2011. I assist people with their trips, lecture on places I have been, write books on my travels, write two blogs, and upload videos of all my shows on Youtube. I have been teaching mathematics in college for 32 years and served as a high school teacher and supervisor for 34 years. Teaching mathematics has been the joy of my life, and I would like to continue until for health reasons I am no longer able. I just finished a book on my career of 42 years. I have been blessed with good health, excellent luck, and the good fortune to realize my dreams over and over. In fact no luckier man ever existed.